In 2014 Addington joined the Kereru Sports Club as a sporting code.
Addington Rugby League Football Club was formed in 1912 but was not constituted until a meeting on January 31st 1913 in the local Oddfellows Hall. Thus making it the oldest Rugby League Club in Canterbury and the South Island.
The Sydenham Club was the next to constitute on the 7th February follow by Linwood on the 12th March and St Albans, two nights later on the 14th March 1913.
Addington began training at Jerrold St Park and continues to train at the re-named Addington Park to this day.
The first official senior game was held on Saturday 19th April 1913 at the Show grounds at 3pm. St Albans scored on the stroke of full time to win 17-12.
The break out of WW1 saw all teams dramatically reduced in numbers. After several ‘runner-up” years, Addington won its first senior championship in 1923.
Since its inception, Addington won the premiership 9 times, twice under the current “Grand Final” system as well as many other senior and Junior Grand Finals.
We had many Canterbury, South Island and Kiwi representatives, actually too many to mention. Addington continues to foster juniors of all ages in the knowledge that this past 100 years will never be forgotten and that the future is in good hands.