All of our sports require volunteers for them to run. If you are available to help with coaching, managing, or transporting, please get in contact with our sport coordinator email@example.com . We have both competitive and social opportunities for students so welcome volunteers of all backgrounds to assist us in providing our students with opportunities to play, socialise, and compete.
Students who enjoy athletics are invited to register their interest to represent the school at the Hutt Zone Athletics event. From here, qualifiers are invited to compete at the Wellington Regional Secondary School Competition.
Serious athletes are encouraged to register and enter the NZSS Athletics Championships, these are held in December generally alternating between North & South Island venues. Athletes who would compete at the NZSS events need to register their intent with the Sport Coordinator at the beginning of the year. It is the responsibility of the student/caregiver to arrange travel and accommodation for this event.
* Hutt Zone Athletics - 3rd March (Newtown Park, Wellington)
* Wellington Regional Athletics - 17th March (Newtown Park, Wellington)
* North Island Secondary Athletics Champs - 2nd-3rd April (Manawatu Athletics Track, Palmerston North)
* NZSSAA Track, Field, and Road Race Champs - 9th-11th December (Inglewood)
Students will be issued an athletics singlet for competitions.
Students will be notified of cost prior to competition.
Lawn Bowls is available to students during Terms 1 & 4. Players are registered in team of 2 or 3, teams can be mixed or single-sex. Bowls is played on a Thursday afternoon at Silverstream Bowling Club between 4 and 5pm. Students make their own way to the club. No previous bowls experience is needed.
Prior to the season, players can attend a 'have-a-go' session. Students also have the opportunity to play in the CSW tournaments. Serious students have the opportunity to register for the NZSS champs, organisation of travel and accomodation is the responsibility of the student/caregiver. Please let the sport coordinator know a.s.a.p. if you intend entering this event.
* Season start date - 10th February (Silverstream Bowling Club)
* CSW Open Singles / Pairs - 14th March (Johnsonville Bowling Club)
* NZSS Championships - 28th-29th March (Remuera Bowling Club)
* CSW Junior Champs - 22nd November (Johnsonville Bowling Club)
Students play in PE gear or school-issued shirt, clean/smooth-soled shoes
Loan bowls available
$12 per term.
Tournaments TBC (approx $10)
Students interested in playing cricket in 2022 will play during Terms 1 and 4.
Our boys team is currently a combined team with Upper Hutt College competing in the Premier 4 division of the College Sport Wellington competition on Saturdays (50-over format). Students make their own arrangements to and from matches.
Our girls team play on a Thursday afternoon (T-20 format). Students travel in the school van when available.
* Boys season start date - 29th January
* Girls season start date - 10th February
Students will be issued a playing shirt. Players own trousers/shorts (colour confirmed by team management).
Boys - $60 per year (Term 1 & 4)
Girls - $40 per term (Term 1 & Term 4)
Dragon Boating is available for students in Years 10, 11, and 12. Pre-season off-water training commences in Term 4, and competition is held during Term 1. All students need to ensure they are available to attend all on-water training and events.
Given the nature of the sport, all students who register must be confident swimming 50 metres in open water.
Training - TBA
Competitions - TBA
Students will be required to purchase their own singlet
Floorball is a form of indoor hockey, with a minimum of 6 players per team. Teams can be single-sex or mixed. Games are played at the ASB Sport Centre, Wellington on a Thursday from 4.30pm in Terms 1 &/or 4. Students are to make their own way to/from games. Parent help with transport is appreciated.
Players are encouraged to train on a Wednesday night at the YMCA with the local club.
* Season start date - 10th February (ASB Centre, Kilbirnie)
* Floorball Nationals - 2nd-3rd April (ASB Centre, Kilbirnie)
Uniform & Equipment:
School PE kit, or issued shirt and trainers
Sticks and goal-keepers gear available from venue
$60 per term
Futsal is a version of indoor, modified football. We have teams playing in senior and junior grades in the Hutt Valley league. Matches are played at Walter Nash Stadium from 4pm on a Thursday (juniors) or Friday (seniors) during Terms 1 &/or 4. Players make their own way to and from games.
We have teams for competitive and social players.
* Season start date - TBC
* CSW Regional Champs - 16th March (ASB Sports Centre)
* NZSS Champs - 28th March - 1st April (ASB Sports Centre)
Junior wear school PE Kit, with long white socks (purchase from sports shop) and trainers. Senior issued uniform with long maroon schools socks (available for purchase from school office) and trainers.
Shin pads are compulsory
$50 per term
Junior students interested in playing touch, play in Terms 1 &/or 4. Seniors play in Term 1 only. Both term 1 and 2 seasons are 3 weeks long with 2 games played per night. Games are played at Fraser Park. Players make their own way to and from games.
* Senior season start - 15th February
* CSW Senior Champs - 24th February
* Junior Term 1 season start - 8th March
* Junior Term 4 season start - 1st November
* CSW Junior Champs - 17th November
Singlet provided. PE / black shorts (all the same), touch or trail shoes.
$35 per term
Volleyball for both seniors and juniors is played in the Hutt Valley division during terms 1 and 4. Juniors play on Wednesday afternoon/evenings, and Seniors play on a Friday afternoon / evening. Students make their own way to and from games.
* Senior season - 11th February - 25th March, 21st October - 25th November
* Junior season start - 16th February - 30th March, 19th October - 30th November
* CSW Senior Champs - 11th March
* CSW Junior Champs - 4th - 5th November
Singlet provided. PE / black shorts (all the same), trainers. Some players may opt to purchase kneepads from a sports shop.
$40 for the year
Tournament costs TBC