The early plans to develop a bowling green began in the early 1950s. The original Opening Day for The Hobsonville Bowling Club took place in the summer of 1957, Saturday 17th November. 

The forming of bowls for women within Hobsonville Bowling Club was started by a small group of interested women who were keen bowlers. The first meeting to form the club took place in September 1956. The club for women was named Hobsonville Ladies Bowling Club.

On the 25th November, 1993 amalgamation of both clubs was approved. On 22nd July 1995, the Inaugural General meeting for Hobsonville Combined Club Inc. was held.

1999-2000 was the last season that the Combined Bowling Club would exist. In June the AGM would pass the motion to dissolve the Combined club and a second motion was moved that club be established, and it was to be known as "The Hobsonville Bowling Club".

2007 marked the layout of the artificial green on both A and B greens.

The achievements of men and women bowlers who have played and won and represented our club through the years appear on photographs and banners displayed in the clubhouse. Champions in club competitions have their names recorded for posterity on Honours Boards.