Terms and Conditions for joining Ngatitoa Tennis Club
1. Accuracy: The details set out in this application for membership form are true and correct. If they change I acknowledge that I am required to notify my club of the changes in writing as soon as possible after they occur.
2. Bound by Rules: I will be bound by the Constitution, Regulations, Policies, Manuals, Guidelines and reasonable direction of my club, the Regional Centre which my club is a member of and Tennis NZ.
3. Accept Risk of Tennis: I have voluntary accepted and assumed the inherent risk of danger and injury in tennis.
4. No Liability: I will not hold my club, the Regional Centre or Tennis NZ or the respective officers responsible for any claims, loses and expenses and costs (including legal costs) which may arise from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any activity authorised or recognised by my club, the Regional Centre or Tennis NZ except in the case of gross negligence or a wilful act or omission on the part of my club, the Regional Centre or Tennis NZ.
5. Indemnity: I indemnify my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ from all claims, loses and expenses (including legal costs), suffered or incurred at any time as a result of or resulting directly or individually from my failure to observe the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable direction of my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ respectively.
6. Medical Declaration: I am medically and physically fit and do not suffer from any injury, disease or condition either physical or mental that would affect my ability to safely participate in any authorised or recognised activities of my Club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ. If I am unsure about this declaration or suffer from such a condition I have either listed it on the application for membership form or I am aware that I must bring it to the attention of my club.
7. Privacy: I agree that my club, the association (to which my club is a member), the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ can collect, hold, use and disclose my personal information on the application for membership form (and any updated or additional personal information my club, Regional Centre or Tennis NZ obtains from me including any photo or other record of my image) for the purposes of:
a) Processing my application for membership including notifying Tennis NZ of the information on the application for membership form for the purposes of my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ compiling a register of members in accordance with the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 and for the purpose of compiling a national database of members and participants (accessible only by my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ);
b) If I agree putting my name and contact information on my club's membership list for other members of my club;
c) Publishing any of my tennis results in my club, the Regional Centres and/or Tennis NZ newsletters and on their websites;
d) Selecting and naming publicly players, officials and teams to represent the club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ at tennis events;
e) If I agree providing me with information and activities relating to my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ or other tennis matters;
f) If I agree enabling sponsors and funders of my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ to contact me with information about their product;
g) Enabling my club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ to comply with any statute, regulation, by-law or other regularity instrument that requires collection or disclosure of my personal information; and
h) Any other purpose I agree to in writing.
8. Use, Security and Access: I understand that my personal information will only be used for the purposes listed in paragraph 7 and that:
a) My personal information will be held securely.
b) I will have access to my personal information.
c) My personal information will be corrected upon request.
9. Continued membership: I understand that upon payment of my fee/s that I will become a member of my club and that by paying such fee/s by the due date/s I will continue to be a member of my club unless I resign or my membership is terminated.
Copies of the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals and guidelines of the Club, the Regional Centre and Tennis NZ can be obtained by contacting your Club, The Regional Centre and Tennis NZ.