Onerahi Tennis Club

The Onerahi Tennis Club enjoys arguably the best view of any tennis club in New Zealand. The four courts lie snuggled into the hillside at the bottom of Ormiston Road, opposite St Stephen’s Church on Church Street.

The Onerahi Tennis Club started its life on Domain Road, by the airport and was shifted to its present site in 1939 when the airport was extended. In 2002 the four courts were upgraded to a sand based astro turf which is easier on the legs and cooler than the original bitumen courts.

In earlier decades the club boasted a large membership with several inter club teams and top level provincial players.

Nowadays there are many other activities competing for the limited time of potential tennis players so the membership is lower than when it was at its peak. The club currently has slightly over 100 members, including about half juniors and half senior, veteran and family members.

Various playing opportunities are available for members including:

Mondays: Ladies Interclub play across several clubs

Mondays : We play a Men's Doubles League. 

Mondays:  3.30 to 5.30: junior coaching -a professional coach offers  coaching to all school age children (school terms 4 and 1)

Wednesdays 8.30  to midday (all year): senior and veteran social tennis.

Fridays 5.30 to 7.30: Twilight tennis for seniors during daylight  saving time;


Don't forget we are on FACEBOOK too !!! Just type "onerahitennis" to find us.