Dear Centre Members
Our Executive Committee have met in preparation for our netball season for 2022. It has been an interesting few years and Covid-19 has impacted many of our whanau and our community. We wish to thank you for your support and patience through this time. For those who have changes to your way of living; be it work, education, or within your home and family we wish you the best during these challenging times.
During this time we have followed the guidelines from Netball New Zealand.
Netball NZ will implement a three-phased approach to return to Netball:PHASE 1Get Ready for NetballCommenced on 15 May, 2020No Netball activity is to commence including trainings and workshops.PHASE 2Prepare to PlayNetball activity may start on or after 29 May, 2020This includes trainings and workshops. This does not include the delivery of competitions.PHASE 3Return to PlayAll Netball activity may start on or after 19 June, 2020.This includes the delivery of competitions. Centres moving into the delivery of each of these phases must ensure they are compliant with all requirements as outlined in the guidelines.
The Trustpower Otorohanga Netball Season will begin on Friday 19th June for Year 5 - Year 8's and our senior competition. Future Ferns (Year 1 - Year 4) will begin on Friday 24th July. To enable us to run netball in a safe and manageable way we require all team, school and club delegates to attend a Trustpower Otorohanga Netball Centre Meeting next Wednesday evening, 3rd June at 7 pm at the Centre. This invitation to delegates is extended to any Centre member wishing to attend.
At this meeting explicit information will be shared with you regarding:
- our current financial position
- fees for the 2020 season (per individual): Senior Player: $25 , Secondary School: $ 20, Year 5 - Year 8; $17.50, Year 1- 4 $12.50, Invitational teams $50. These fees are all at a 50% reduction from those set at the AGM early March 2020.
- Contract Tracing - Friendly Manager - all Centre members; players, coaches, managers, umpires supporters to be registered on Friendly Manager
- Health and Safety planning: practises/competition day, entry/exit points to the Centre, parking, hand sanitising, rubbish disposal, drink bottles, ball/goal post cleaning, use of facilities, social distancing, working bee, cleaning
- Competition Structure - due to social distancing, health and safety we have limited the Year 5 - Year 8 grades (Division 1 and Division 2) - maximum of 16 teams. Senior Competition grades - maximum of 16 teams.
- Start/Finish Dates: Friday 19th June - 28th August (10 and 17 July holidays - no play) - 9 week competition rounds
- Future Ferns: Start/Finish Dates, Term 3: Friday 24th July - 28th August (6 weeks)
- Meet in the Middle League: Term 3
- Business House Netball Competition: Term 4
A reminder while we are still in the Prepare to Play phase of netball to watch and take part in the Netball Smart program.
Further information will be shared with you this week in regards to online registration for teams.
We look forward to seeing you at our meeting next Wednesday, 3rd June, 7 pm at the Centre.
If you have any queries please email:
Online registration: Lauren King: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team entries/Grading: Audrey Greening: email@example.com
Umpiring: Marrianne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach support: Jo Trower: email@example.com
Health and Safety: Kayli Van der Heyden: firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Ferns: Lauren King: email@example.com
Trustpower Otorohanga Netball Centre President