EDMOND CUP CROSS COUNTRY RACES
Saturday 25 June
Wingatui Racecourse, Mosgiel
Click Here To Register
Organising Clubs: Hill City University and Athletics Taieri Meeting Manager:
- Entry to all races is open to everyone, both Club and non- Club members.
- Only athletes holding a competitive registration with Athletics New Zealand via an affiliated club will be eligible for the trophies associated with the competitive events.
- There will be a 5km race (2 full laps of the course) for Open Men (Men U18, Men U20, Senior Men, Masters Men) and Open Women (Women U18, Women U20, Senior Women, Masters Women) with all athletes starting together but separate results for Men and Women being declared.
- There will be a 2.5km race (1 full lap of the course) for Girls U16 and U14, Boys U16 and U14 and Open Men & Women.
- There will be a 1-2km (approx.) race for Boys and Girls Under 12. This event will be held on the fun run course.
- There will be a fun run event, and this will be open to everyone with no entry fee charged. This multi-lap event will involve competitors going under, over or through a variety of different obstacles or challenges as they make their way around the course.
- All starts and finishes will be on the track in front of the Centre stand.
- Teams Races
- In the Open Men’s race the first six Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners from the same club to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- In the Open Women’s race the first four Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners from the same club to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- In the Girls U14/16 combined race and the Boys Under 14/16 combined race the first four Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners from the same club to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- All entries and payment of entry fees are to be completed online at www.athleticsotago.co.nz by individual athletes who want to run in this event.
- Entries close at 12.00 noon on Thursday 23 June. Entries are accepted for this event after this time on payment of a $20 late fee. Late entries will close with the results convenor at 1.15pm on race day.
- Ages for all age groups are taken as of 31 December 2021 except Masters ages which are taken as is on the day of the event.
Athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via clubs:
Under 16 and Under14 $5.00
Under12 Gold coin or Can donation
All other age groups $12.00
Athletes not registered with Athletics New Zealand via a club:
Under 16 and Under14 $10.00
Under12 Gold coin or Can donation
All age other groups $22.00
Fun Run Gold coin or Can donation
Late fee $20.00
Changing facilities will be available in the jockey changing rooms.
Afternoon tea and the presentations will be held in the Winning Post Lounge at the Wingatui Racecourse after the last event. Medals for the first three in all events will be awarded and for the winning teams in the Open Men, Open Women, Boys U14/16, and Girls U14/U16 grades. Ribbons will be awarded to the Boys and Girls Under 12 placegetters.
Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RACE WILL BE RUN IN AN ANTICLOCKWISE DIRECTION
BOYS U14 & U16, GIRLS U14 & U16, OPEN MEN & WOMEN 1.45 pm 1 lap (2.5 km
OPEN MEN’S RACE (M-U20, Men-U18, Seniors, Masters) 2.05 pm 2 laps (5 km)
OPEN WOMEN’S RACE (W-U20, W-U18 Seniors, Masters) 2.05 pm 2 laps (5 km)
BOYS & GIRLS U12 2.40 pm 1 lap alternative course (1-2km)
FUN RUN 2.40 pm (up to 2 laps of alternative course)
AFTERNOON TEA & PRESENTATIONS 3.30 pm approx
Article added: Monday 13 June 2022