The current site in Gamma St (then Alpha St) was purchased for 200 pounds ($400). After making improvements a formal opening took place on Saturday, 8th April 1905 in very bad weather. Membership was 106 that year.
Greatest moments in Otago sport - Number 148 CLICK HERE
When the green opened in 1947 it had a very uneven surface and sulphate of ammonia failed to kill the weeks. Resurfacing was required as the green was going to be used for the Dominion Tournament in 1948.
A team of horses proved unsatisfactory so the green was hoed by hand. 18 members collected from shag point a lorry load of cotula weed which was spread on the green with grass seed and top dressed with soil and Silverstream silt. The green was reopened on 6th December 1947.
Lights were installed in 1952 and the green improved rapidly to be one of the best drained in Dunedin.
The sunny area behind the club house was developed into one of the best gardening spots in Dunedin and a number of members tend their allotment, producing some of the best vegetables in Dunedin