- and periodic visits were made to the Riddiford estate (Orongorongo Station) for picnics and tennis.
Subject: Umpire Stands
Umpire stands were bought in 1948 for the sum of 6.12.6d and gates were erected.
Subject: Membership Closed
Membership was closed at 100 and the Domain Board was approached for further courts.
2 Car Cases were purchased to enlarge the temporary pavilion.
Wainuiomata tennis club dances were held in the Fire Brigade Hall. 10 shillings was donated to the Fire Brigade for fireworks display.
Subject: Midweek Ladies
Organised Midweek Ladies play commenced.
Subject: First Permanent Pavilion
1953 saw the first permament pavilion completed after 1300 man hours of voluntary labour with Messrs Jim Gray and Ivan Bushell to the fore. The 10x23 oregan and 4x3 timber was tracked down from the Akatapawa Timber Co. Ann Bushell and Nancy Valentine had the job of colour co-ordinators. Final cost 600.
The Wainuiomata tennis club took the then controversial step of affiliating with the Hutt Valley Lawn Tennis Association. The affiliation fee was 5 shillings per member.
onwards - Picnics
Whereas previously picnics were held at the Riddiford Estate, Paekakariki and Days Bay became popular venues.